Taking a mulligan when playing golf is frowned on by many people. In my opinion, I think these people have lost their sense of humor and maybe have not even had the pleasurable experience of taking a mulligan in golf.
My heart goes out to these unfortunate people, as obviously they do not know the real reasons for taking a mulligan.
Once you know how taking a golf mulligan can add to the enjoyment of your life, lighten you your day, and put a smile on your face, I am confident you will always have a Mulligan up your sleeve.
Find your favorite of the 10 real reasons for taking a mulligan in golf:
1. Mulligans Give You Extra Balls. If you are just learning to play golf or if you are trying to improve any part of your golf game, you should always have lots of balls to practice with. Mulligans give you those extra balls!
2. Mulligans Are Really Hugs In Disguise! And we all can use a hug or two every day. Hey, what’s wrong with treating yourself to that warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from improving the outcome of your golf game by retaking a shot. Give yourself a hug and take a mulligan!
3. Mulligans Can Make You a Golf God or Goddess: in the eyes of the opposite sex. A mulligan gives you a chance to impress that boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, or other significant partner (especially if they do not know much about golf!) If you flubbed it the first time, you have a chance to reload and impress them with how good you really are. I am convinced you will be held on a pedestal.
4. Mulligans Are a Source of Natural Medicine. They are actually good for your health. The more shots you take, the more exercise you get. The more shots you take, the longer you are out getting that wonderful fresh air. All naturally good for your health!
5. Mulligans Can Add to Your Social Status. Each time you retake a shot the ball goes some place new—right! Well, each of these mulligan golf shots is a great story starter. The more attempts you take at a golf shot, the more varied scenarios you have for those embellished golf stories. Having the opportunity to entertain with your story telling is sure to add to your popularity and thus increase your social status!
6. Mulligans Are Better Than Gimmes. Most gimmes occur on the greens when you are putting. They are fantastic and an important part of a golf game. With a gimme, the golf shot, or in this case, the putt, is actually good without being executed. It would make you feel a lot better if you actually hit that great shot, even if you had to use a mulligan or two to get it in the hole. Actually hitting the shot, even with a mulligan, boosts your moral and gives you legitimate bragging rights!
7. Mulligans Keep You Safe: There are often treacherous places on a golf course. If you have to venture into unsafe terrain, it can be very dangerous. Taking a reshot will keep you out of harms way and help you not to sprain a foot, break a wrist, or come in contact with that horrid poison ivy. I say—keep safe and take a mulligan!
8. Golf Mulligans Are Good for Your Mental Health. If you need a mulligan to relieve stress and ease your mind, then why not. So, if taking a mulligan will make you feel better and let you know you really can do it–then why not! Good mental health is very important to your golf game and your overall health.
9. Mulligans Are Dream Catchers. Using a mulligan can help you achieve your golf dreams. Maybe you could finally get that ever elusive “hole in one”! Or break 90 or 100 or 110! Or achieve fewer putts a round! Finally get a boogie! Get a par! Whatever your fancy, take advantage of your dream catcher.
10. You Are Entitled To It. You are a nice person. You deserve to be happy and have fun on the golf course. So enjoy a mulligan or two!
Not only are you entitled to it, but you also deserve to experience a golf mulligan or two in breathtaking surroundings. I think Orlando, Florida is a perfect place! Not only do they have fantastic golf courses, but right now you can get some spectacular golf deals with prices as low as $34. You deserve it. Go to http://www.orlandogolf.com to book your tee times.
Another fabulous spot to catch your dreams is amidst the amazing scenery offered by the unique golf courses of Hawaii. Where else are you able to experience the joys of a mulligan combined with magnificent aromas and the sounds of the oceans in your back swing! At http://www.hawaiigolf.com catch some of your dreams.
Take advantage of these real reasons for taking a golf mulligan and add to your golf enjoyment. Life is just too darn short not to enjoy it and what the game of golf has to offer.
Whatever your reason is for taking a mulligan, the gorgeous golf courses around the world offer fantastic places to catch your dreams.
Here is wishing you fun on the golf course and lots of mulligans!